Understandably we as humans want rationale and proof of everything. As most of you know, having a relationship with God is very faith based. For years, I myself pondering on the evidence of Christianity. How do we know for sure that there is a God or that he hears us. From personal experience of having these same questions I relate to those searching and those who have questions. I once was told by a very wise and educated Pastor to encourage someone who is very scientific to pray for one month, everyday and see at the end of that month if their life had changed. Great advice, I believe, because as a believer I know God can move mountains and more, in 30 days. I was recently watching a series of shows that a researcher is proving Jesus existed scientifically. While, I myself am a very scientific person, I was intrigued and excited to see someone researching one of the most important subjects around. I could go on and on with what I believe is proof that God exists, but what I was most excited about is how God has evolved with us. As our society becomes more educated and has more questions He is directing us to uncover His truths in a way that we can understand and believe. Yes, to me that is just another way to further the kingdom. It is so exciting to me, especially working in a field where my ministry involves debate and question from those who I minister to. These new findings that are constantly being discovered help me to explain and therefore bring people to Christ. I do not feel obliged to believe that same God who endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect had intended for us to forgo their use.
As this new year is well under way, as most, there is so much to reflect on. We welcomed our second child into this world, which was amazing. My husband left his stable, well paying job to do what he loves. Ups and downs of many different sizes. I have been reminded recently that there is a season for everything and everyone. I hear other mothers constantly comparing themselves to other women and killing themselves to keep up with the notion that they must do EVERYTHING. It breaks my heart honestly that we as women live with the unrealistic expectation that we must do more, achieve more, and become more than we are. We all have different seasons. There have been seasons for me where I was doing so much and able to do those things, but then a season of focus will come and I just cannot do too much. I love all of these seasons and I truly believe that accepting your season promotes peace and growth. Ecclesiates 3:1-9 explains there is a season for everything. I also believe that tru...
Comments
Post a Comment