As this new year is well under way, as most, there is so much to reflect on. We welcomed our second child into this world, which was amazing. My husband left his stable, well paying job to do what he loves. Ups and downs of many different sizes. I have been reminded recently that there is a season for everything and everyone. I hear other mothers constantly comparing themselves to other women and killing themselves to keep up with the notion that they must do EVERYTHING. It breaks my heart honestly that we as women live with the unrealistic expectation that we must do more, achieve more, and become more than we are. We all have different seasons. There have been seasons for me where I was doing so much and able to do those things, but then a season of focus will come and I just cannot do too much. I love all of these seasons and I truly believe that accepting your season promotes peace and growth. Ecclesiates 3:1-9 explains there is a season for everything. I also believe that trusting in Gods plan plays such a great role in accepting your season. Sometimes we want things to be on our terms and if we truly are walking out Gods plan, He may have different plans. The beautiful thing about trusting in His plan and accepting His time is that the reward will be so much greater. We cannot conform to what the world seems to expect from us and remember we are children of the Most High. He is our guide in this thing called life. He plans our walk carefully for our benefit, just as we direct and plan for our own children. If we allowed your children to make their own decisions....well, lets just say things would be much different and much more difficult for them and us. I encourage you today to accept your season if you are struggling with what is happening in your life take a moment to reflect. Reflection and listening to God speak to you can be so rewarding. Allow Him to have control of your situation, I assure you with Him in control, only good will come. Lord today I ask you to comfort me through my season and I thank you for loving me enough to plan my life for your good!
Some of you know that I am pregnant, we are so blessed to be expanding our family. Between pregnancy, work, school, church and family I have had a hard lesson in how life cannot be planned. Though, we think and desire to plan every little thing in our lives, sometimes what we have planned is not what is really in the plan. God has really stretched me in so many ways. Physically I have been challenged, emotionally I have been stretched and I have had to let go and lean on other people way beyond my comfort zone. The amazing thing is that no matter how my day to day is unfolding, I know that God is right there orchestrating every detail, no matter how minor. When I think about how much He loves me to carefully manuever things in my life for my good, honestly, I get emotional. Not to get too deep, I have never felt so loved, that someone would carefully plan and watch out for me as my Father in Heaven does. Recently, I felt overwhelmed and disappointed in my inability to m...
Comments
Post a Comment