We have all been offended at one time or another, right? I know I have, too many to name. The wonderful thing about walking with the Holy Spirit is that He has enabled me to love and have mercy. Both are things I have had to learn to do, sometimes the hard way. It may be easy to love someone when all is well, but man if they slip up, watch out! But really, this is where Jesus has really tried to help us change. Love one another is a lesson repeated in the scriptures. Let's be real, we are all going to be offended, that's life. What we have to learn to control is how we respond. When we are offended do we lash out, become angry, or gossip? Or, do we turn to the Great Creator to soften our hearts to help us to love those through our offense? I believe it is important to remember that we are always being looked at for a response. Not only are others watching us, God is constantly watching us. James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so decieve yourselves. Do what it says. It goes on to say that a man that does what the word actually says will be blessed. James 5:9 Don't grumble against each other, brothers, or you will be judged. The Judge is standing at the door! Notice, that verse ended with an exclamation point. An exclamation mark signifies a declaration or a command! We are not told, only show love towards those that don't offend you or stay in your good graces all the time. No, I am here to tell you, God is watching you ALL the time and how you respond to ALL things. Sure, you may be disappointed by someone or even in shock at how you are treated. But, God wants us to be slow to anger. Look towards your spiritual leaders for guidance in difficult situations. Not your girlfriend that will agree with you and help add fuel to the fire. Someone, who lives by the word and can give you Spiritual wisdom. I encourage you today, when someone offends you, first give them the benefit of the doubt and then turn to the Great Counselor. How would God want you to respond? If, you are unsure, ask someone who can guide you to the answer. Lord, today,I will not be offended. I know that the enemy works by creating disorder amongst the people and I choose to be lead by YOU. I will love others and I will cast my feelings of offense to you so you can lead me. I will be only lead by your Spirit in all things.
As this new year is well under way, as most, there is so much to reflect on. We welcomed our second child into this world, which was amazing. My husband left his stable, well paying job to do what he loves. Ups and downs of many different sizes. I have been reminded recently that there is a season for everything and everyone. I hear other mothers constantly comparing themselves to other women and killing themselves to keep up with the notion that they must do EVERYTHING. It breaks my heart honestly that we as women live with the unrealistic expectation that we must do more, achieve more, and become more than we are. We all have different seasons. There have been seasons for me where I was doing so much and able to do those things, but then a season of focus will come and I just cannot do too much. I love all of these seasons and I truly believe that accepting your season promotes peace and growth. Ecclesiates 3:1-9 explains there is a season for everything. I also believe that tru...
Comments
Post a Comment