I struggle with people who feel like it's okay to treat others abusively just because they can. Whether they are having a bad day or it's just their personality.... I really struggle with these people. I feel the need to protect those that are weak from them even if I am not the target. Why is this type of behavior not recognized as abuse? We make excuses...that's just the way they are or they're in a bad mood. How do I through Christ love these people? Honestly, I know the scripture and believe the scripture, but when is enough enough? Well, recently I have faced this questions and as I have pleaded with God to please help me to understand the hate in these people and help me to love them. He has reminded me that they are lost. It is my job to pray for them...their hate only reminds me of their sadness. It's easy to blame the enemy for their behavior, but I have to remember I am warrior and they need me. Who will pray for them if I don't? I have been called to pray for them. I am not saying we should accept their behavior, actually I feel like confronting it is healthy. Obviously confronting it in an appropriate way, but until you feel as if you can do that....pray! We are reminded in the bible constantly to love our enemies, forgive those who sin against us, and be compassionate towards our brothers (or sisters...). I encourage you today, as I encourage myself too, to love through they hate. Understand the lost and find the love Christ has given you to love. You don't have to tolerate abuse, but pray for them instead of doing nothing. We were made for battle Lord!!
As this new year is well under way, as most, there is so much to reflect on. We welcomed our second child into this world, which was amazing. My husband left his stable, well paying job to do what he loves. Ups and downs of many different sizes. I have been reminded recently that there is a season for everything and everyone. I hear other mothers constantly comparing themselves to other women and killing themselves to keep up with the notion that they must do EVERYTHING. It breaks my heart honestly that we as women live with the unrealistic expectation that we must do more, achieve more, and become more than we are. We all have different seasons. There have been seasons for me where I was doing so much and able to do those things, but then a season of focus will come and I just cannot do too much. I love all of these seasons and I truly believe that accepting your season promotes peace and growth. Ecclesiates 3:1-9 explains there is a season for everything. I also believe that tru...
Comments
Post a Comment