We are all so different. Then why do we compare ourselves to each other so often? The best short answer I have is....Flesh. Sometimes I think instead of embracing our differences we wonder why we are so different. I realized long ago that we were all made to do different things, which was so perfectly planned. If we all did, and enjoyed the same things how could the world really function. Okay, so that's not so hard to see, but what about how we respond to God. This has been difficult for me in regards to the types of churches I have attended throughout the years. Plus, in how I was raised and the experiences I have had. It is so easy to say "why can't I do that", "that is so much easier for them to do". But really unless you are referring to someone you know very closely you do not really know how they are reacting. Be careful when you compare yourself to someone else as reality may not be what it seems. Have you ever been shocked when the news or shall I say gossip came out when someone you knew was going to get a divorce? Wow, I would have never thought "they" were having trouble, you may think. But really, not only is it not our business, we should be more focused on ourselves and what we need. Colossians 3:2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things on earth. And the bottom line is we need God and only God. I believe that if we focus on Him we are much more able to embrace our differences. When you spend time comparing yourself to others, you are NOT focusing on God. We are all walking a different path that has been perfectly paved for us. We are not walking down someone else's path, so where they are is different from where you are. Be sensitive to others on their own walk. Also, be careful not to judge someone for not being where you are. Proverbs 4:25 let your eyes look directly forward and your gaze be straight before you. True growth to me is being able to look at yourself and ask God to change you, not someone else. Remember this is your walk, focus on you and God will change you supernaturally. Just as you do not drive while looking out your side door window at the other cars. You should look and focus forward as you are lead by the Spirit. Give Him glory for who you are and how he has changed you. Lord, help me to focus on myself that I may do good works for you. As I see others, help me to remember that I am on this journey made for me. Thank you for allowing me to see mine and others differnces as blessings from you. Amen
As this new year is well under way, as most, there is so much to reflect on. We welcomed our second child into this world, which was amazing. My husband left his stable, well paying job to do what he loves. Ups and downs of many different sizes. I have been reminded recently that there is a season for everything and everyone. I hear other mothers constantly comparing themselves to other women and killing themselves to keep up with the notion that they must do EVERYTHING. It breaks my heart honestly that we as women live with the unrealistic expectation that we must do more, achieve more, and become more than we are. We all have different seasons. There have been seasons for me where I was doing so much and able to do those things, but then a season of focus will come and I just cannot do too much. I love all of these seasons and I truly believe that accepting your season promotes peace and growth. Ecclesiates 3:1-9 explains there is a season for everything. I also believe that tru...
Comments
Post a Comment