Skip to main content

My dry season of growth....

One of the hardest, yet most valuable lessons I have learned as a Christ follower, is that your "dry" season can yield the  most growth. What I mean by this is sometimes you aren't going to feel all warm and fuzzy about your relationship with God. Being that I am not an overly emotional person, sometimes I wonder if I just can't "feel" God, beacuse I don't sob at every service. As I have matured in my walk, I've learned to press through those feelings and stayed focused. This can be challenging for our flesh as we have the need to "feel" things. Let me clarify, I KNOW God is with me, I just may not "feel" what He is doing in my life. This takes me to my point, when it is hard to "feel" how God is moving in your life, remember His promise in His word. He will never leave you nor foresake you. These times can be hard because the enemy will take the oppurtunity to break you down. He will try to plant thoughts that are untrue and encourage feelings that are ungodly. These are the times you must learn to pray and read and meditate on Him. Hebrews 4:14-16 Therefore,  since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God,let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weakness, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are, yet He did not sin. Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may recieve mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. God knows us better than we know ourselves and that is so amazing. Knowing that I do not need to know how He is working, but I know that He is working is encouraging. Today, I encourage you to remember God's promise, no matter how you are feeling. Trust that He is working in your life and that breakthrough is coming. Lord, thank you for being with me today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We all have different seasons!

As this new year is well under way, as most, there is so much to reflect on. We welcomed our second child into this world, which was amazing. My husband left his stable, well paying job to do what he loves. Ups and downs of many different sizes. I have been reminded recently that there is a season for everything and everyone. I hear other mothers constantly comparing themselves to other women and killing themselves to keep up with the notion that they must do EVERYTHING. It breaks my heart honestly that we as women live with the unrealistic expectation that we must do more, achieve more, and become more than we are. We all have different seasons. There have been seasons for me where I was doing so much and able to do those things, but then a season of focus will come and I just cannot do too much. I love all of these seasons and I truly believe that accepting your season promotes peace and growth. Ecclesiates 3:1-9  explains there is a season for everything. I also believe that tru...

He will restore you!!

Some of you know that I am pregnant, we are so blessed to be expanding our family. Between pregnancy,  work,  school, church and family I have had a hard lesson in how life cannot be planned. Though, we think and desire to plan every little thing in our lives, sometimes what we have planned is not what is really in the plan. God has really stretched me in so many ways. Physically I have been challenged, emotionally I have been stretched and I have had to let go and lean on other people way beyond my comfort zone. The amazing thing is that no matter how my day to day is unfolding, I know that God is right there orchestrating every detail, no matter how minor. When I think about how much He loves me to carefully manuever things in my life for my good, honestly, I get emotional. Not to get too deep, I have never felt so loved, that someone would carefully plan and watch out for me as my Father in Heaven does. Recently, I felt overwhelmed and disappointed in my inability to m...

It's All Relative

A phrase I have heard repeatedly over the last month or so, "it's all relative." The first time it came up  was in regard to the size of my newborn. I mentioned  to his pediatrician that he was so small at 7lbs 10oz and her response was "that's relative because he is not small just small compared to his brother" (who was 9lbs 5oz). Yes, of course this was accurate. Anyway, over the next couple of weeks it kept coming up, how things are relative. Well all this talk of relativity got me thinking of how this relates to our journey with God. Our circumstances are relative to our experiences and our knowledge, but more importantly our experiences. In 2 Corinthians Paul is writing a letter explaining the Christian gospel to encourage the Corinthians in ministry. 2 Corinthians 4:7-9 We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure.  This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not our...